Friday, April 17, 2009

What kind of job can I get with an associates in nursing?

I have my associates in liberal arts and want to go for nursing. I think I should go back to community college and major in nursing . Does that make any sense? Or should I go back to a four year school for a bachelor's? Could I get a good job with an associates in nursing or is it worth it to go back and get my bachelors? I dont even know If I will be accepted though to the four year school.


Get your AA in nursing now, and go back for your Bachelors later. Some employers will actually pay for the school.

gc

Right now you can get a job in pretty much any area in nursing other than managementt. There is a shortage right now. However, I would suggest you find a job that has tuition reimbursement and continue on to get your bachelors. I hear that some states are looking to do away with Associates programs.

A 2-yr RN program will pretty much get you a job anywhere. You can always add to your education as your career grows. Check with different school to find the best fit. Best of luck!

Head to a vocational nursing school. I think it takes like a year or two to complete. Then move to San Antonio and start off making 55K salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment