Saturday, April 18, 2009

How do I cope at my current job until I find a new one?

I need some new tips! I am looking for full-time work, but people at my current job are really getting on my nerves. I've been there about six years. I know it is time to leave, but I need some strategies to help me stay sane until I get a new job. Thanks!


One day at a time. When I left my one job it was awful for that last month when I stayed there.

Focus on looking for another job - once you have it set that you are leaving I find it is easier to not get offended because you really do not care.

Quitting a job before finding another one is the worst idea. Since you've 6 years experience, there's should not a problem landing another one. Update your resume and play active.

Meanwhile, why not complaint this to your boss and let him handle the co-workers.

Can you save up enough money and simplify your life and cut back on your expenses so that you can quit your job. Being in a negative environment really isn't a good thing. As for staying sane, the only thing youn can do is detach yourself, but it can't be done in a numbing way or you will lose yourself.

How long have you been looking for another job? Sometimes you cant stay sane sometimes is wise to just leave. Do you have money saved up because if you think you can manage for 2 month then just get out. Ignoring them is the best alternative but is alot easier said than done.

Don't let your job be the center of your life. Find other things to bring you pleasure. Just look at your job as a way for paying your bills. As far as the people that get on your nerves, ignore them. Try to be grateful that you have a job and don't quit until you find another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment