Saturday, April 18, 2009

What is a good job that involved helping people?

I want to help people, I've always been the sort who wants to save the world. I would do nothing but volunteer if I could support myself but unfortunately thats not possible for me right now. I only have a high school education, and it would be difficult at best to go to college right now. Is there any job I could do helping people? I want to help everyone but especially want to work helping abused girls/women/children. I would even consider become a cop but I don't know what's involved. Thank you in advance.


Hmm, depending on your state, you might be able to work assisting social workers. I think you have to have at least some college to become a full on social worker, but you should apply at the local agency.

Also, apply at some charitable organizations. Homeless shelters, big sister programs etc. Most of these places do have paying positions, although not many and the pay is generally very low.

If you can though, get at least an Associates degree at the local community college. Fees are reasonable, and they can help you apply for FASA and grants. Just having that silly piece of paper can do so much for you. Even most police and fire departments require at least some college nowadays, and with the AA you could substitute teach, or work as a social worker.

Best of Luck to you!

The County Nursing Home is the best place to start helping today. They are always short-handed..

No comments:

Post a Comment