Thursday, April 16, 2009

How can I get a job working a suicide prevetion line?

I want a job helping people over the phone. I am male, 25, intelligent, and live in St. Louis, Missouri. I think I would do this job quite well. I will not do it volunteer basis, but would be happy to work for minimum wage. I would commute somewhere but of course would prefer to do this from home. I would complete any interviews. I do not have a college degree and there is no way I am going to get one just to make a few bucks an hour working what should be a very stressful job. I just feel that I can impress my OWN reasons for staying alive in spite of suicidal tendencies upon others. This job is really the only one I want at the moment. I aspire to be a filmmaker but this job would be great in the meantime, and a great learning experience. I do not want to analyze or diagnose people, and have no interest in that. I just want to motivate them to stay alive, and I think I could do that very, very well. Thank you ahead of time for the answers.


check with a local rehab clinic or the police or the hospital one of these people will be able to point you in the right direction. and good for you the world needs more of you alot more

thank you very much http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20060623235938AAkN2tZ&kid=FcR9DjTtWDZYWI_5Jj_cVlg4SNJ82aox0.kCKz.OwKthVpfzjPBf&s=comm&date=2006-06-29+10%3A57%3A08&.crumb=

Why not call mental health professionals in your area and ask their receptionists for resources?

Most of these suicide prevention agencies are often underfunded, meaning most people on the phones do not get paid.

The agencies are also very selective of who they pick to do this work and then after that, significant training is offered to the right candidate. From people I know who have done this, they found the work to be very rewarding.

If you are not willing to volunteer, chances are they cannot use you. Most of the suicide prevention bureaus are staffed with volunteers, with maybe a professional social worker or psychologist on staff to train and assist them. They have tiny budgets and cannot afford to pay people. The ones with larger budgets, as in big cities, will sometimes create staff positions which are then given to long-time volunteers who get into financial difficulties and cannot continue to help them unless they have a salary. But they are already volunteers.

Call them, and tell them that your gonna kill yourself unless you get a job there.

you are way too naive.

go back to school and get an education. then you can get paid for social work.

Call 411

No comments:

Post a Comment