Friday, April 17, 2009

How do I go about finding a professional job?

In May, I graduated from university with an English Degree. Since then I have been searching for a job, but have had no luck. I have posted resumes on the major job sites and apply whenever I find a match. I was a working student so I didn't do an internship, but I have good people skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a stellar academic history. My situation is getting a little desperate. Does anyone have any advice on other avenues that I can pursue to maximize my chances of finding a job? By the way, I don't want to teach.


Well my state has a state job website and workforce development centers in every county that can greatly assist you. I have applied to 200 jobs, mostly full time ones, in the office field (my degree is in Administrative Assistant) and all I could find was a 12 hour a week job. Of course my hip problem keeps me from being on my feet and my hearing loss keeps me from using the phone. If I was capable of doing work on my feet for longer periods I'd get a job at a fast food place or a store. You'd be surprised how frustrating it is to want to work and not be able to. And by the way, it took me 2 years of unemployment to find that little 12 hour a week job I have now. So don't get discouraged. Keep at it.

well, check your state job bank on-line.

I am a devoted Christian and my anwser would be to pray. I don't intend to insult you at all if you are of a different faith. If you don;t know Jesus, I say give him a try. He solves all of my problems.

Just pray and ask for an opening in Jobs. You worked hard for it.

Ask and he'll give.

become a politician

see if u can still get ur intern.... its always good to have a network of ppl......

No comments:

Post a Comment