Friday, April 17, 2009

How can I find a good job with my very limited experience?

I have very limited job experience. I'm only 21, and on my own now, and I can't make it with my current job which only pays $7.25/hour. I've applied for several entry level positions, but am suprised at the ammount of experience required for "entry-level". I'm fluent in Word, Excel, and Power Point, and can type 65+ wpm, but that doesn't even seem to matter. Any advice?


21, on your own and can't make it...

It seems like your basic skills are OK. You probably need to stick with this job a bit longer (at least a year) to start getting experience. It may also be that you need more education (college, if you don't already have it).

You may also need to adjust your expenses to be in-line with your income. The first few years on your own can be really tough, but cutting out most non-essential expenses, working hard (at this job and getting more education or a second job) can get you through it.

I would also try to network and pick up temp jobs before quitting what you have.

What is your educational level? Does the university/college you went to offer job placement services?

i dunno but if you get a good, realistic response plz email me the answer.

www.craigslist.org

Join some temp agencies, they usually start you at $10-$12 an hour, but you'd be giving up benefits if you have them now. It's really hard to advise you because we don't know where you live. Maybe you need to be in a bigger town. Good luck!

Secretary jobs at big corperations, just keep sending aplacatioins to who ever and whatever jobs u can find,

if you keep your options open i can show you how to become very successfull just contact me.

I would start with a temp agency and while you are working for them, apply for a grant and attend college and get your degree.

If you can lift a lot, how about UPS? They pay more than $7.25 and have benefits. It's a tough world out there, I wish you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment