Saturday, April 18, 2009

What are some questions employers ask you at a job interview?

I am a teenager looking to find my first official job at a business. (I've been mowing lawns in my neighborhood for 5 years.) I am trying to get a job as a waiter at a local restaurant. I am 15 years old and turn 16 in August. What do I need to do to prepare for the job interview? How do I approach the management at the restaurant to ask for an application and interview? Any advice that you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.


Be honest and don't glorify yourself. Always look people in the eye. Thank them when you're done and shake their hand. Don't be afraid to say you've been mowing lawns for 5 years. It shows you're not lazy and have been earning your own money for a long time. Ask your lawn customers if you can use them as a reference. You'll find something, even if you have to bus tables at first. This probably didn't answer your question as to what will be asked of you. Every business is different. They know you haven't had a formal job yet. They may ask some character questions just to get a feel for what kind of kid you are. Be honest (unless they ask you if you are a thief and you are). Good luck!

Okay, when I got my job (which I've been at for about a year- I'm becoming a shift leader on the 30th of this month), they asked me what animal I'd be and why- I assume they were looking for creativity. Also, keep in mind that skills and future plans are looked up to (i.e.- where you see yourself in a few years, etc.). Don't forget to dress nice for the interview- all the girls go crazy for a sharp dressed man.

What are some of your strengths?

You Weaknesses?

Why should we hire You?

1. Why do you want to work here?

2. Why should I hire you, what make you a better choice, than that other girl/boy?

3. How reliable are you?

4. Have you ever worked before, can you work every Friday, and Saturday night?

5. Are you punctual, how are you getting to work?

6. Oh, some advice, cut and comb your hair, no piercings, turn off the cell phone, shave, clean your finger nails, take a bath, brush your teeth, look directly at the interviewer, speak clearly, and with confidence, and a slight smily.

your bio-data, personal background, working experience, education background, and your health..

No comments:

Post a Comment